A mommy tucker!
Are you serious?
Yes we are!
At Northern Virginia Birth Services, we offer Bengkung Belly Binding for our clients. We have a class offered frequently or you can even book your own private session with the fabulous Liz Adams-Medina.
What is Bengkung?
Bengkung is the art of wrapping a mother's abdomen using a long strip of cloth to promote her recovery and provide physical support to her postpartum body. Bengkung has been traditionally used to aid women for the first 6-8 weeks after giving birth but it can be used during pregnancy as well. During the wrapping process, a new mother is customarily given a gentle massage on her abdomen and a healing salve made with medicinal herbs and is applied. This holistic tradition is a gentle approach towards a women's postpartum recovery. There are no synthetic fibers, shapewear boning, or zippers. The purpose of Bengkung is not to change a woman's shape but to support the one she has while allowing it to properly heal.
- Prevents shoulder and back discomfort
- Decreases the length of postpartum bleeding
- Helps to return internal organs to their proper size and position
- Relieves water retention
- Provides physical comfort and support
- Stabilizes loose ligaments
- Improves circulation
- Can assist with emotions beyond just the baby blues
- Assists in healing diastasis recti (abdominal separation) - this is by far one of the most favorable benefits!
Why Do It?
- Does not contain shapewear boning
- Supports both the waist, ribcage, and hips
- Adapts to your body's shape
- Is made of natural breathable fabric
- Comes in a variety of colors and prints
Contact us today to schedule a class or a private session! Even if you are in the middle of pregnancy or your postpartum time with your baby you can benefit from this simple, amazing support!